Monday, January 27, 2014

...a 5K or Two

There is nothing like temperatures in the 20s to get this So-Northerner to think about exercising outside.
Yep, this is just such a false statement about me. Its true I am scared of the cold but when not one but two friends asked if I wanted to join them for 5K races this past week, I just couldn't say no.

On Monday, I joined my friend Andrea for the MLKDay5K. What fun! The race started off with all runners dashing across the meadow in Piedmont Park. It was a blast. Once up the hill, the crowd thinned leaving Andrea and myself in the middle of the pack. I loved running past all of the drum corps from the local middle and high schools. I think thats why I keep calling the race the MLK Drum Run.

Then on Saturday before a full shift at the office, my friend Stephanie and I braved the 20 degree temps for the Atlanta Union Mission 5K. It was chilly fun for a cause but I think we both couldn't wait to get indoors for cups of coffee and tea.


So, two 5Ks in six days, that is a personal record. I guess I am just gearing up for the Cicero Triathlon this summer. I have convinced my sister and my dad to be my teammates for the race. Yep, and guess who is responsible for the run? Yours truly. I do have my work cut out for me. My times for the runs this week came in at 49:09 and 53:19 respectfully.




No comments:

Post a Comment